Guide to Trademark Registration in UAE
We are effective with the process for enlisting trademarks with the related authorities inside the United Arab Emirates and GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) nations to the enforcement of one’s trademark in the law court.
Trade/Service Mark Use:
Advantages of Trademark Registration in UAE:
1. Greater Protection
- Registration protects a company’s name or logo
- The owner of the trademark receives exclusive nationwide as well as sometimes regional ownership of the mark
- Registration decreases the likelihood of another party claiming that your trademark infringes upon their trademark
- Registration provides official notice to others that a trademark is already taken.
- The trademark owner obtains the future right to make the mark “incontestable,” which provides conclusive evidence regarding the validity of the mark and of the registrant’s exclusive right to use the mark.
2. Greater Control
- The trademark owner gets the right to use a, after the mark, alerting others to your registration and also preventing the defense of innocent infringement
- The trademark will appear in trademark search reports ordered by others, likely discouraging others from proceeding with the registration of the same or similar mark
3. Greater Remedies
- Registration grants the trademark owner the right to recover up to triple damages and attorney’s fees from an infringer
- Owner of the trademark receives the presumption of being the valid owner of the mark
- Registration increases the likelihood of the successful filing of a dispute resolution policy for an infringing internet domain name
- The owner of the trademark has an automatic right to sue in court
- Name of the applicant company, with address
- Trade license copy
- Power of Attorney
- Trademark copy
- Passport Copy of person signatory on behalf of Company
- In case of claiming priority, a certified copy of the corresponding home or foreign application duly legalized from relevant consulates