COSMETIC PRODUCTS REGISTRATION
The purpose of registration is to provide all the vital information needed by buyers to be aware of all the necessities of the products. For Product registration in Dubai, the application may be prepared in English or Arabic based on the requirements of authorities. The product marketing permission in UAE can only be given to the Manufacturer who is registered with the Dubai Municipality.
Regulations of Cosmetic product registration in Dubai
The purpose of Cosmetic product registration
What are cosmetic, personal care products?
Benefits of cosmetic product registration in Dubai
- It protects your Label
- It gives you the freedom of Import and re-export
- It protects your brand
- It gives you the hassle-free trade-in and out of Dubai or the United Arab Emirates
- Registration of a product adds up to its value and helps you keep your Business successful
Purposes of cosmetic product
- To keep in good condition
- To change the appearance
- To correct body odors
- To clean
- To protect
- To perfume
Dubai Cosmetic product Registration procedures
- Application for product registration must be from a company which is incorporated in Dubai and involved in a cosmetics-related activity
- The Applicant Company or organization must be a list with Dubai Municipality
- Registration procedure starts by filling out the registration form according to the instructions which are available through the electronic form program
- The representative of the applicant company must fill out the form for each product
- The representative of the applicant company needs to submit a copy of a valid label assessment of the product which needs to be registered
- After all the requirements are finalized a registration report of the consumer product is made
Additional Documents requirements for cosmetics product registration
- Certificate of Free Sales
- Analysis report
- Laboratory report
Certificate of Free Sales (CFS):
An analysis report must be obtained from the Manufacturing Company of the cosmetic product. This document provides all the essential data regarding elements, chemical, and physical properties of the products used in the manufacturing of the product.
Laboratory Test Report:
The laboratory test report is a document that indicates the content of certain metals including Mercury, Arsenic, Chromium, Zinc, Lead, and Cadmium. It also provides the information regarding the microbiology test from an accredited laboratory either in the Country of Origin or from Dubai Central Laboratory is mandatory.
List of cosmetic product
The following list of cosmetic product that may require registration in Dubai, the items in the below list is not comprehensive but is provided as an example:
- Lotions, creams, gels, oils, and emulsions for the skin (face, hands, hands, feet, etc.)
- Shower and bath preparations
- Antiperspirant and antiperspirant
- Hair-care products:
- Product for waving, straightening and fixing
- Hair tints and bleaches
- Setting products Cleansing products, Conditioning products, Hairdressing products
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders)
- Face masks (except for peeling products)
- Products for care of the teeth and mouth
- Products for external intimate hygiene
- Anti-wrinkle products.
- Sunbathing products
- Skin-whitening products
- Products for tanning without sun
- Make-up powders, after-bath powders, hygienic powders, etc.
- Perfumes, toilet waters, and Eau de Cologne
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc.
- Products for making up and removing make-up from the face and eyes
- Shaving products (creams, foams, lotions)
- Products intended for application to the lips
- Products for nail care and make-up