Mainland Company Setup in UAE
Mainland Company Setup in United Arab Emirates consists of all Business Entities and organizations which are directly listed under, each emirates government and its governing authorities with the limitation of commercialized geographical areas set by the emirate it is located. These mainland setups directly showcase the Government policies and its and its legal Assembly towards its most developed Economy.
Any company and business setup in Dubai must have a Business License that is issued by the Dubai Economic Department (DED) to function. The Department of Economic Development (DED), Dubai is the government agency responsible for authorizing and issuing these licenses for Dubai. The department works from several locations carrying out the licensing services. The necessities for any type of Trade License and the permissions required from different authorities and government agencies, offices depend on the category of the business one wishes to embark on.
- Commercial license
- Professional license
- Branch license
- Industrial license
Commercial license: This type of license is for those companies wishing for business setup in a way to perform trading activities which involve purchasing, buying, and selling of goods and items.
Professional license: This type of license is for those companies wishing for business setup in a way to provide professionalservices such as craftsmen, lawyers, artists, etc.
Branch license: This type of license to be issued to a branch of a foreign or UAE based company
Industrial license: This type of license is to be issued to the company or an organization willing to start manufacturing goods and items listed in the license issued by the authority.
Advantages of beginning a Business in the Mainland:
- Advantage to do business activity in any part of the United Arab Emirates.
- No boundaries or fences in the registration of the company
- No hassle in getting visas by the business setup in Mainland
- There is no limitation in office space requirement
- No restrictions in recruiting process for Mainland company setup has
- Mainland company setup has no yearly auditing
- Mainland company setup has no corporate tax
- Mainland company setup has the flexibility to lease office anywhere
- No limitations in getting employment visas
Business Registration, which requires Special Approval
Some of the business activities may need special approval from the concerned authorities few of them are:
- RTA Activities need special approval from government authorities
- Engineering consultancy need special approval from government authorities
- Companies in Dubai World Communities (Trakhees)
- Travel and Tourism activities need special approval from government authorities
- Educational institutes or services may need special approval from government authorities
- Money Exchange need special approval from government authorities
- Health Care activities may require special approval from government authorities
Documentation requirements in Mainland Company Setup
Following documents are required to start a mainland company in UAE:
Individual Shareholder:For individual shareholders following are the requirements:
- Copies of Passport of the foreign shareholders, directors, and managers along with the visa page and stamp at the time of their entry (when and if shareholders enter in UAE)
- If a shareholder or manager is on employment visa of any company in UAE, a No objection certificate is also required from that company
- A Valid and clear passport copy and the National ID card copy of the UAE National Partner/sponsor
Corporate Shareholder:For corporate shareholders following are the requirements:
- Original Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation of the company and the Memorandum and Articles of Association legalized from the embassy of UAE.
- List of the shareholders of the company in Arabic
- No objection certificate (NOC) from the free zone/offshore authority if the company is a shareholder in proposed Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Original Resolution of Board for setting up the company with Power of Attorney Notarized and legalized from the embassy of UAE
Additional Documents:Additional documents may need for Professional Firms and Public Shareholding Companies
- Certified as true copies by the Notary Public of the country of origin in the country of origin
- Legalized by the Embassy of UAE in the country of origin
- Legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of UAE