What is a trademark?
A trademark is commonly a brand name, which is used in the business as an identification sign to differentiate the goods or services from other companies/organizations. A trademark could be a name, signature, sign, picture, word, color, shape, or the combination of any of these.
What is a trademark class system in the UAE?
Trademarks are registered under a ‘class’ system in the United Arab Emirates. Each trademark class covers products as well as services. There are 45 international classes and it is conceivable to enlist trademarks in 44 classes in the UAE. A separate application is needed for enrollment of trademark in each class. It might be expensive and unnecessary for you to enroll your trademark in classes that are not related to your goods or services. Hence, selecting the right class is important for necessary protection and to avoid unnecessary costs. MSZ corporate service provider will support and guide you when filing your application.
What are the advantages of trademark registration?
- Protect and secure your brand by confining the use of your mark by others
- Capture the most extreme value of your business
- Using your registered mark as a marketing tool as well as develop your brand
- Bring legal charges against someone that copies your trademark
What is the difference between the trademark and the other intellectual property?
A trademark is just one form of intellectual property as well as is commonly connected with the logos and the brand names. Different forms of intellectual property that can be secured and protected by the companies are:
- Patents: These are used for new ideas, inventions, technology, methods, and processes.
- Copyrights: These are used for artistic, literary, musical works, dramatic works, or computer software.
- Industrial designs: These are used for patterns, shapes, or ornamentation applied to an industrially produced objects.