Dubai is one of the quickest developing economies and is a perfect trading hub from all the corners of the world. One of the great businesses in the import-export business in Dubai. The import-export business in Dubai has become one of the most profitable businesses.
Huge infrastructure alongside the UAE’s position makes Dubai greatly popular for import-export business. Also, the Dubai government has expressed giving eservices to the import & export companies in Dubai to assist them to function easily and accurately.
What is the procedure to set up an import-export business in Dubai?
Get an Import Export License
- The import-export business in Dubai requires an import-export license to function. The procedure to get a license is easy. Yet, if one is importing or exporting restricted or special goods then it requires a special license from the customs office.
- Import License is required to get or buy commodities from outside the borders of the United Arab Emirates or from a foreign country or any other province of Emirates by meeting every legal process, permissions, documentations, and terms of licensing.
- The export license is required when you need to trade in services or goods produced locally in some other nation or among the free trade zone of the United Arab Emirates. If the goods are just exported to any of the free trade zones of the United Arab Emirates, they are not liable to pay any customs duty. Although the Free Trade Zone is an essential part of the UAE, it does not come under the United Arab Emirates Customs Territory.
Registration with Customs Department
Aside from obtaining the import-export license in Dubai, one also requires registering with the Customs Department. An import code from UAE customs is needed to bring the goods in the UAE through air or sea. Commodities that go through customs from a free zone to the local market are subject to duty.
What is the Export Procedure in Dubai?
- Required documents must be submitted at the customs office by the exporter.
- The declaration registration fee for the export has to be paid at the Customs Office.
- A custom declaration certificate is given.
What are the Documents Required for Export?
- An approved Export Declaration Certificate
- Or Instructions of the Declaration of Goods Application (IDG)
- A permit from competent agencies
- A sales invoice
What is the Import Procedure in Dubai?
- Submitting the original Bill of Lading to the shipping agent
- A delivery order will be issued by the shipping agent within 2 – 3 working days
- Complete all the cargo clearance formalities
- Custom clearance
- Dubai Customs can inspect goods before issuing the possession of cargo to the importer.
- According to the Customs Import Declaration, if any inspection is needed then the container has to be taken to the inspection area and once the inspection clearance is done, the container can exit.
What are the Documents Required for Export?
- An invoice that should mention the quantity, goods description, as well as the value of all the items, addressed to the importer
- Approved certificate of origin
- A document where one should mention the weight of every product in the container
- And the method of on how the products are packed
- HS code for each item
- Import permit from the competent agencies
Import Export Business in Dubai Free Zone
- Even though all UAE free zones are regions inside the area of the UAE however, they are considered outside the extent of the UAE customs territory. They need to follow certain requirements as well as conditions to order the import-export business in the UAE free zone.
- The importer must have an importer code as well as goods must be the same that is mentioned in the import-export license in Dubai. The goods are checked before they enter the free trade zone (For Import Export Business between the Free Zone & a Local Company)
- A Free zone license is without charge from the costs of customs duties (For Import Export Business between Free Zone & a Foreign Company)
UAE Free Zones and specialized industrial Zones
- Masdar City
- Abu Dhabi Ports Company
- Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
- Khalifa Industrial Zone
- Dubai Airport Freezone
- Dubai Silicon Oasis
- Jebel Ali Free Zone
- Dubai Multi Commodities Center
- Dubai Internet City
- Dubai Media City
- Dubai Studio City
- Dubai Academic City
- Dubai Knowledge Village
- Dubai Outsource Zone
- International Media Production Zone
- Dubai Biotech Research Park
- Dubai Auto Zone
- Gold and Diamond Park
- Dubai Healthcare City
- Dubai International Financial Centre
- Dubai Logistics City
- Dubai Maritime City
- Dubai Flower Centre
- International Humanitarian City
- Sharjah Airport Free Zone
- Hamriyah Free Zone
- Ahmed Bin Rashid FZ
- Ajman Free Zone Authority
- RAK Investment Authority
- RAK Free Zone
- RAK Maritime City
- Fujairah Free Zone
- Fujairah Creative City
If you are wishing to set up an import-export business in Dubai, we at MSZ corporate services provider will assist you to get your import-export business license in the UAE. MSZ corporate services provider will make it easy and quick for you. For further inquiries, get in touch with us, call us on +971562181007 or drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org