Register Food Products in Dubai
Now food products from all around the world are available in the entire UAE, particularly Dubai. This has been made possible by starting a disciplined procedure for food products business in Dubai. Food product registration is compulsory for import and re-export of any food product in Dubai. It is quite a lengthy task to register food products in Dubai but don’t worry our consultants will guide you through the process. er
Dubai Municipality introduces a system for import and re-export of food is FIRS. The registration process is regularized by the Dubai Municipality (DM) through this Food Import Re-export Service (FIRS). The purpose of this system is to keep up its speed to provide control over the food item and makes sure that only the highest quality food product is imported and re-exported from the country.
FIRS provides services regarding:
- Importing foods, supplying all types of health certificates, importing goods for re-exporting, label approval, food destruction application, and issuing of certificates.
- You can submit the applications from anywhere in the world to register a food product in the UAE
- This system will register all the food products and link food information with their respective barcodes.
- This system is electronic and will help from the approval of product registration in Dubai, food inspection, food-importing, performing operations until the closure of the operations.
- It also consists of an innovative food sampling system which is based on examining the hazard of each product, while ensuring full integration with the electronic system of the Dubai Municipality Food and Environment Laboratory. This helps to get exact laboratory results for the submitted sample.
What are the important things to consider before applying for the registration of food products in Dubai?
- You cannot apply for products with banned ingredients like poppy seeds and alcohol.
- Only food products are registered through FIRS. A non-eatable product like cigarettes and food supplements are not registered through this process.
- Ingredients present in a food product must be declared either in Arabic or English.
- Few food additives are banned in UAE includes fast yellow A B, yellow 2 G, Amaranth, patent blue V, potassium bromate, etc.
- If the food product you apply for is already registered with another name or account then FIRS will immediately reject your application.
What are the requirements for Label Approval to register a Food product in Dubai:
The label approval for Food product registration in Dubai requires that each food label shall contain the following:
- Brand name
- Product name
- Weight or volume of the product.
- Ingredients in the product must be arranged in descending order according to the weight or volume.
- Manufacture and expiry dates of all products except those which are exempted from displaying the validity or expiration dates.
- Name of the food manufacturer, distributor, and importer.
- Lot number and also product bar code.
- Country of Origin
- Label language should be in Arabic.
- Instructions for using (if required)
- Storage conditions shall be mentioned (if the validity of the product depends on such conditions).
- Mention the ingredients which may cause hypersensitivity
- Viewing the nutritional information is optional except the products with special uses such as baby foods, foods for patients, etc.
Process of food product registration in Dubai:
- The applicant will visit the official website of the Dubai Municipality and log in by using a business user name and password.
- The applicant will select the option of ‘New Food Import & Re-Export Service’ in the ‘Available Services’ section.
- Then select the ‘Food Item
- Registration Request’.
- Now enter the details of these items. Mandatory fields are marked with (*) sign. Other fields are optional.
- After entering all details, upload the product and label image.
It is compulsory to be registered with Dubai Municipality (DM) before importing or re-exporting any food product.
- Trade license of the company
- Company’s email
- Company’s telephone and fax number
- Company’s P.O. Box number
- Details of the company’s location in Dubai
- Company representative’s name and mobile number.
We at MSZ corporate services provider have assisted and guided our several clients to register food products in Dubai and in setting up a business in Dubai. Our professional experts have done all the legal tasks related to registering food products in Dubai and also taking all the responsibilities in our hands, giving our clients a sense of relief. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us anytime. Call us on +971562181007 or drop a mail to email@example.com